- 2017: On-going 3rd year Fine Art courses at Thompson Rivers University
- 2000: 2nd year Drawing, 2nd year Painting,1st year Lithography at Okanagan University College
- 19..: London College of Furniture: Diploma in Art and Design with Honours
- 19..: Chelsea School of Art: pre-diploma year, England
- 19..: Heatherlies School of Fine Art, England
- 20..: Self employed: Architectural Designer, designing and drafting full working drawings for single family dwellings.
- 1972-19..: Self employed: Romni Wools, importing and retailing raw wool, yarn and dyes in Vancouver and Toronto.
- 19..: Self-employed: Interior Design
- 19..: Design Team Erickson-Massey Architects
- '22: Group ( 10 ) Show ,Curated-" In Dialogue with Vivian " -SAAG
- '21: " PULL: Printing in the Time of Covid" -Curated -with 8 members Kamloops Printmakers- SAAG
- '18: Group Show - " Into the Abbys" -TRU Gallery
- '17: Group Show -Curated - " Winter" - SAAG
- '17: Group Show- Curated - " Blue Trail " - SAAG
- '17: Group Show - " Into the Abyss" - TRU Gallery
- '16: SOLO SHOW - " Bodies of Work "- SAAG
- '16: FCA OASIS -Juried Show Kelowna
- '15: GROUP SHOW - Curated - " Trail Mix "- SAAG
- '14: FCA TNSC (three pieces and First Prize) - September
- '14: 3 PERSON SHOW with LAZULINE - " Sky Blue Waters "- Vernon Art Gallery
- '14: GROUP SHOW - Curated - "Peak Year " -SAAG
- '14: FCA TNSC - Juried National Show -
- '14: FCA TNSC - Juried Chapter Show - First Prize
- '14: GROUP SHOW - Curated " SAAG " Book Covers
- '13: FCA TNSC Juried National Show
- '13: FCA TNSC Juried Chapter Show
- '13: FCA Federation Gallery -5 works juried in ( Award of Excellence )
- '12: FCA TNSC Juried Chapter Show
- '12: 3 PERSON SHOW with LAZULINE - "Historiscapes " SAAG
- '12: FCA Federation Gallery - 7 works juried in
- '12: Juried Member's Show - SAAG
- '11: Juried Member's Show - SAAG
- '10: 3 PERSON SHOW with LAZULINE - "Alterscapes"- Gallery at Artisan Square, Bowen Island, BC
- '10: 3 PERSON SHOW with LAZULINE -"Alterscapes"- Station House Gallery, Williams Lake, BC
- '10: Juried Member's Show -SAAG
- '09: Two GROUP SHOWS in private galleries in Salmon Arm
- '08: Two GROUP SHOWS in private galleries in Salmon Arm
- '08: SOLO SHOW - " Painting Mount Ida " SAAG
- '00: 2 PERSON SHOW - "Still Lives, Moving Pictures", with Mike Young, SAAG
- 90's: Various GROUP SHOWS in and around Salmon Arm
- 1994: 4 PERSON SHOW - "Private Spaces:"- Vernon Public Art Gallery
- 80's: Various GROUP SHOWS in and around Salmon Arm
Linda Franklin was born in the Shuswap to a family of landscape painters. She was involved in making art from childhood, at the easel of her grandfather and her uncle, and as a child at the Art Gallery of Victoria. She has studied fine arts in England and Canada and is presently enrolled in the BFA program at TRU.
For ten years, Linda was a blue-water sailor and returned to the Shuswap each year with new eyes. She has a lakeside home with the ever-present view of Mt. Ida, where she had an architectural design studio, now devoted to painting and printmaking.
Linda thinks that whoever said "as boring as watching paint dry" had no understanding of the immense satisfaction of watching a painting unfold on the canvas. For her, painting is a wonderous adventure of discovery, using shape, colour and value as her vehicle.She has now included print-making in her chosen media.
Linda has been working on themes of immigration and also of water quality , all relating to the local area.
In 2020 she joined the Kamloops Printmaking Studio to persue her interest in Copper Plate etching. She learned Lino printing at home during the Covid isolation. She joined members of The Kamloops Printmakers in a show in the fall of 2021 at the Public Gallery in Salmon Arm .
Linda’s Instagram account is llinda_ffranklin